How to Win At RouletteSat, 07 Jun 2008 19:52
How to Win at Roulette
How to win playing online roulette.
Just like some of the well-known casino games, roulette is a game of pure luck. As such there is little a person can do to affect the game's outcome. Unlike poker and blackjack, roulette doesn't require a lot of skills. After all, a player's win largely depends on his choice of numbers. However, even though there is no guaranteed scheme that can make you win roulette, there are a number of things you can do to somewhat attract luck to your side.
If you can't predict the outcome, ride on it. With that said, here are several tips on how to win at roulette:
* Choose the right casino. Whether you're playing online or land-based, it is important to pick the right casino. Since there are lots of them out there that offer roulette, you have a lot to choose from. You should go for the one that offer you better odds.
* Choose your type of roulette wheel. Generally, there are two kinds of roulette wheels: European and American. American roulette has better house odds because of its double-zero wheel. If you want to have better luck at playing roulette, you'd be better off playing the European kind. Aside from having only one zero, European roulette has the En Prison rule, which gives player better advantage.
* Set a specific amount of money. In roulette, it is not the player who wins the most games but the most money who is considered the winner. With this, you should know that money management is the key to winning in roulette. Before playing, set a specific amount of money that you are winning to lose. Play only with this money.
* Learn the house advantage for bets. As you already know, there are several different bet types for every roulette game. Each of this bet types has its own pros and cons. If you want to increase your chances of winning in roulette, you should recognize the house advantage for every bet type. Weigh these pros and cons first before placing your bets on the table.
* Stretch your bankroll. Since you're only beginning to understand roulette, it is wise to start playing in small-bet games. By stretching your bankroll, you get to stay in the game longer and get a better chance of winning. Don't immediately go for games that demand high rollers. Try those games that allow you bet somewhere between $0.25 and $0.50 instead.
* Be a consistent bettor. According to experts, you have a better chance at winning if you bet consistently. With that said, adapt a betting system or form for a particular game and stick to it.
* Grab progressive betting chances. If the casino you're in offers progressive roulette games, go for it. Progressive roulette betting could result in hefty winnings.
* Play practice games first. More often than not, online casinos offer practice roulette games to their members. Before plunging head-on to a real-money game, try your luck first with them. This will benefit you in two ways: you become more comfortable with roulette and you start to formulate your own betting strategy.