Roulette StrategySat, 07 Jun 2008 19:51
Online roulette betting and winning strategy.
There is really no way you could devise a plan to win a game of roulette. A game of chance, no person can manipulate roulette odds to make them favorable to him. Roulette is all about taking risks, and if you're not ready to take one, you're better off playing another game. But even though there is no guaranteed way to win in roulette, this does not mean that you cannot implement certain strategies to increase your chances of winning.
The truth is that the term, "roulette strategies" is a misnomer since you cannot actually "strategize" the game. Unlike poker or blackjack, you cannot card-count or bluff in roulette. But if you are really keen on beating the odds in this game, here are some tips and "strategies" that you can use.
- Know the rules. This is probably the best and simplest way to avoid losing big in roulette. After all, you are less likely to make a fool out of yourself in a roulette game if you actually know how it works. Likewise, by learning the ins and outs of the game, you will have a clear idea of how you should act every step of the game.
- Know when to bet. This is a skill not many roulette players have. If you truly want to make it big in roulette, know when and how much to bet. Keep in mind that being too "generous" on your bets can get you bankrupted faster than you can say, "Roulette!" Being too "stingy" with your bets won't help a lot either. As such, you should know how to balance the amount of chips you bet. Likewise, you should also know how to manage your bankroll.
- Know when to Surrender. Some sites offer a Surrender option, wherein you can get back half of your bet if ever the ball lands on a zero. When the occasion really calls for you to Surrender, do so. Don't let pride get in the way -- you know you want those chips back.
- Outside Bet vs Inside Bet. Although outside bets do not make for a sizable turnout, they obviously offer you a lesser chance of losing. If you want to play it safe with your bets, especially if you're a beginner, try your luck with outside bets. Keep in mind that even though inside bets can give you more chips, you only have one in 37 chances of winning with them if you are playing European roulette and one of 38 chances of winning if you're playing the American version.
- American vs. European. Both the American and European versions have their advantages and disadvantages. While many players tend to favor the original version, American roulette is also an exciting game to play. The extra 00 box may be a drag, but if you know how to place your bets well, you could actually use it to your advantage.
- Practice, practice, practice. This can't be stressed enough. If you want to be really good at roulette, try your luck first with free roulette games online. Once you get the hang of playing fake-money roulette over the Web, you can now play real-money roulette.